Confirmed: Atherton Racing on GT Bicycles, MS Evil
Becomes MS Mondraker
1. Trek World Racing (ESP)
2. Scott 11 (SUI)
3. Santa Cruz Syndicate (USA)
4. GT Bicycles (GBR)
5. Giant Factory Off-road Team (USA)
6. MS Mondraker Racing (AUT)
7. Riding Addiction Commençal (FRA)
8. Monster Energy / Specialized Factory Racing (USA)
9. Lapierre International (FRA)
10. Chain Reaction Cycles.com / Nukeproof (GBR)
11. Yeti Fox Shox Factory Race Team (USA)
12. Ghost Factory Racing Team (GER)
13. Alpine Commençal Austria (AUT)
14. Hutchinson United Ride (FRA)
- This is big one – check out the name on the 4th 2012 Elite team. Who was ranked 4th in 2011? You guessed it, the Commencal / Atherton Racing Team. They are now listed as GT Bicycles.
- MS Evil becomes MS Mondraker, indicating that they’ll be on Mondraker bikes next season.
- Monster Energy / Specialized / Mad Catz becomes Monster Energy / Specialized Factory Racing.
- Morewood Unitedride becomes Hutchinson Unitedride.
- Several teams either declined the offer to be an Elite team for 2012, or are no longer in existence (as is the case with Team Maxxis-Rocky Mountain). This is why the 20th ranked 2011 Morewood Unitedride team is the 14th 2012 Elite team. We can assume that the offer was not extended to 4X exclusive teams, including RSP and Milka Trek, since there will no longer be 4X events at the 2012 World Cups. Team GR, the Mondraker Factory Team, and Team Morzine are not on the 2012 list.