My giant anthem x3


image

image

image

image

image

image

This is my new giant anthem x3 full sus bike. Has fox alps forks on the front end and a fox float rp2 shock on the rear. I recently had to go to @octunning to get the rear shock adjusted to my weight im 94kg the shock was set for 120psi james advised me to pump it to 175psi for my weight. Also on the bike is a rock shox reverb hydraulic seat post this device is unreal for quick saddle drops on a decent. Groupset on the bike is Deore XT. Stopping the bike the brake system is avid elixir R brakes with a standard 160mm disc on rear and 180mm on front. Grips are reverse grips.

TAKING ON THE TILING CHALLENGE


image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

A couple of weeks ago my self and the wife decided that we need to upgrade the downstairs loo. it began by going to tilestyle in ballymount to see there array of tiles. once chosen we purchased them only to realise that i had calculated the square footage wrong. The thing with this is that when you buy a certain amount of tiles the batch’s are matched so i had difficulty trying to get an extra 3 boxs. (day 1) we got out the lazer level to mark the walls to get heights of where the tiles would sit and ontop of the skirting board. Once we got all our measurements i then started to disconnect the radiator, sink,cistern off the toilet. (day 2) Each tile had to be cut on the wet saw to get the bottom row of tiles exact as the skirting board was not exaxtly level. This took alot of time due to each cut. We could’nt use the manual tile cutter as when we tried to cut tiles they were to thick and eventually broke. Once we had the tiles ready i mixed up a batch of adhesive which you must get right as if you use to wet a mix the tile will fall off the wall and if to thick the tiles wont be flush. Once ready i applied the adhesive to the tiles that i had cut and stuck to wall leaving a 2mm spacing gap for grouting. We decided go for a brick work effect so it staggered the tiles on the wall. A bit of advise doing this get a pen and paper and measure each tile and what way you will place them on the wall as it sounds easy but is not. We left the first row set over night and went back at it the next day.(day 3) The second row flew up because we had done alot of the work on the bottom row to make it easier.once the second row was up we started on the top row again this was straight forward as it was just a matter of applying adhesive and stick to wall making sure the gaps were all still at 2mm and adjusting accordingly. Once the top row was in we got the finishing trims cut and installed the whole room was starting to come together. We left the room again to set solid and the next evening we started to grout the tiles. This is is fairly straight forward same thing read the packet for mixing ratio’s and mix up a batch. A big tip here was to buy a big sponge for wiping as you go to leave less mess on tiles. I also left this another night to dry. (Day four) i purchased a diamond tip 6mm drill bit to drill the tiles for all the small fixings ie: toilet roll holder,and towel holder. Another little tip is to never let the drill bit over heat as you will burn the bit out have a jug of water beside you and cool it down regularly works a treat. I then installed the radiator again and the toilet cistern. The room is now complete. I had a few ups and downs to get the bathroom finished but it was well worth it i hope this helps if anyone is giving it a bash.